Teaching and Daycare
Cantaleum educational model
• Challenging syllabus based on Lehrplan 21 curriculum
• Methods based in paedagogical theory (more information here)
• Unique combination of goal orientation, cultural education, and creative expression
• Whole-day supervision in a familiar school environment
•Music lessons cover rhythm and pitch training, musical intonation, musical theory (including organology, music history, and musical notation)
• Singing in the singing school or in the choir
• Individual voice lessons and solo singing lessons
• When needed, the school can arrange for qualified instrument teachers
English and German
• English and German are used at Cantaleum both in and out of the classroom
•Certain subjects are taught in English (immersion)
• English is taught as a formal subject as of the first grade
• Mathematics is taught only in German
Classes generally consist of between fifteen to twenty students.
Classroom teachers, subject teachers, and classroom assistants ensure that the class as well as the individual students receive intensive instruction in all subjects.
At Cantaleum, students have many opportunities to utilise and develop their talents. If a student is gifted in a certain aspect, customized ways to challenge the student are then arranged. Cantaleum Zurich is a member of Netzwerk Begabungsförderung (Network for the Support of the Gifted, begabungsfoerderung.ch). Musically-gifted students will find an ideal environment and conditions at Cantaleum to foster their musical development.
Special support needs of students are addressed by pedagogical models that are adapted to each child’s individual needs. Therapy visits (speech therapy, psycho-motor therapy, dyslexia therapy) generally take place outside school hours.
Cantaleum Zurich is open from 7:00. to 18:00.
Our day care team supervises the students during lesson break times and ensures a safe environment. Students receive a hot lunch and two snacks per day. We place importance on providing balanced and nutritious meals for our students.